Build a Website From Scratch or Improve Your WordPress Skills With This Online Course
Why Choose WordPress?
I believe that WordPress is the best foundation for a website or blog. It has a high level of support, it's very flexible and it's free.
If you would like to build a WordPress site or you have one already set up but you would like to understand how to use it better, then my online course is the right choice for you.
Here are Just a Few of the Benefits of the Course:
- Online access to our dedicated course platform where you can work through all 6 modules plus our bonus section as quickly or as slowly as you wish.
- Lifetime access to the course and to any future updates. I will be regularly adding new information about WordPress changes, new plugins and top tips etc.
- Support in our private Facebook group where you can ask questions if you get stuck along the way - I will be checking in daily so it will be rare that you go longer than 24 hours without an answer.
- Regular live Q&A webinars where you can ask questions direct via chat.
What Will We Cover?
It's an online course on my custom platform packed with short high definition videos which walk you step-by-step through the areas below.
In addition you can ask questions in our private Facebook group and I will be checking in daily to provide additional support. This is where you can get one-to-one guidance and troubleshooting.
- Overview of the dashboard
- Adding users
- Installing Plugins
- Walk Through of Settings
- Backups & Security
- Installing a theme
- Customizing your site
- Changing your header
- Adding social media buttons
- Widget areas explained
- Designing a great homepage
- Designing the sidebar
- Adding linked clickable images to your site
- Using footer & after entry widgets
- Categories & tags explained
- Creating a great bio for your site
- Website structure
- Creating posts and pages
- Do's and don'ts for the media library
- Creating menus, including custom menus
- Blogs vs static sites
- Tips for making your site search engine friendly
- Creating a favicon
- Avoiding spam in comments & email
- Integrating your newsletter
- Encouraging people to sign up to your newsletter
- Creating sales pages
- Using SEO Plugins
- Adding a sitemap
- Webmaster tools
- Google & Clicky analytics
- An introduction to simple easy to understand html
- Using e-commerce plugins
- Additional ad hoc plugins which can improve functionality
- WordPress troubleshooting
- Website promotion
Hi, I'm Alison and I have been building WordPress websites for myself and for clients since 2009.
In a skills-test my top ability came out as empathy and I understand what it's like to be at the beginning of a learning curve with WordPress as I am self-taught. Plus I have been both a teacher and an HR Manager so I am SUPER patient! This makes me a great person to guide you through the process.
The huge benefit for those who join this course is that you can ask me questions as you progress. I will also be offering regular live webinars where you can get help on the call and where I can screen-share to show you the solution live. If you are looking to explore the world of WordPress, or grow your existing WordPress skills, in a supportive environment then this is the course for you.
Over 35 HD videos which are on a custom built platform which can be accessed around the clock. You get lifetime access so can work through the course as slowly or quickly as you wish.
Private Facebook Group for the course where you can network with other course members, plus ask me questions any time. I check in daily to help you out if you get stuck!
The course is updated regularly with new updates. Plus I run regular live webinars to update you on the latest news and during which you can ask questions live.
You will receive a digital download which includes links to all the training videos and supplemental materials.
I have built a few websites in the past using various drag and drop type templates, but I was frustrated that they didn't have the functionality that I needed. I am not really technically minded, and I don't understand how to use code, so knowing that I could actually build the website I wanted without that knowledge was very liberating.
By following Alison's step by step teaching I was able to build a website that does everything I need it to do without compromising on anything.
I can highly recommend the "Let's Work WordPress Course" from Alison Wood. Not only is it great value for money but Alison's thoughtful teaching style makes it easy to follow too.
Whether you are using a developer or want to build it yourself, this course gives you the information you need to understand how WordPress works. Besides the basic set up, Alison covers what needs to be done to ensure a secure, user and SEO friendly, attractive site.
I’ve taken several courses from Alison and I’m sure I will take more in the future. In all her courses, including Let’s Work WordPress, Alison presents the material in a logical, step by step format, supported by engaging visuals and checklists specific to each week’s content. The materials are always available online, so you can use them as a tutorial as you take each step to build your website. The Facebook page is also a great resource for asking questions and sharing insights with other Let’s Work WordPress students.
“My WordPress website had been designed by someone else a little over a
year ago and while I was pretty comfortable blogging on it, the rest of
the site to me was an enigma. I looked for answers to my site-related
questions online and either couldn’t find the answers, or they weren’t
ones I understood. Not until I found Let’s Work WordPress Online Course
on Facebook did the cloud lift.
Alison makes everything easy to understand, she goes over all the
intricacies you’d want to know about your site including how to build
it, if that’s what you’d like to do. I’d give the Let’s Work WordPress
Online Course 5 stars out of 5!”